Erika Knight is a highly respected knitwear and crochet designer, as well as the creator of her own eponymous yarn range. With her 'simple' ethos, Erika has a unique interpretation of craft: her mission is to simplify and communicate her insight and passion for knitting and crochet with accessible yet enticing projects in order to inspire everyone to experiment and, above all, enjoy creating.
You know and love her yarn line that we carry in shop. Here's your chance to meet the amazingly talented designer herself!
We are privileged to host Erika Knight on June 24, 2019 for a luncheon (noon til 2) and evening knit a long (6-8pm).
We will enjoy a luncheon and Erika Knight will speak about her journey in craft, designing a yarn, sustainability and what inspires her. See many designs in person during the TRUNK SHOW!
Each attendee will also receive a special project kit created with Erika Knight yarns ($50 value).
We enjoyed the BeeKeeper so much last year, We are super excited for another sweater frenzy this summer!
The Foxtrot cardigan pattern is ready for preorder when you CLICK HERE to go to Ravelry, and/or it is available for in-shop purchase.
We are using Worsted Merino Superwash. Choose the Hand-dyed for lots of speckle-y goodness or a solid for classic qualities. Swatch in any color and we will special order the color you want (70 solids, 4 hand-dye!) if we don't already have it in stock. Heather's size calls for 6 hanks.
The KAL begins officially July 4 and finishes July 18. Most of us will be a bit more leisurely, but all of us will have a beautiful new sweater for the fall! Happy Swatching.
Laine Issue 8 is coming soon!
May 31, 2019
If you would like to pre-order you may do so in-shop.
This issue is 140 pages and includes...
· 11 knitting patterns from a talented group of designers: Justyna Lorkowska, Denise Bayron, Libby Jonson, Julie Dubreux, Leeni Hoimela, Astrid Troland, Sus Gepard, Éveline Cantin-Bergeron, Jenny Sauselein and Marjorie Martin. (Please see the full list of yarns featured below.)
· an interview with Susan Crawford
· a long-format story about Ocean Rose
· my story by Pauline Copin-Herriot of Lain'amourée
· a column by Jeanette Sloan (Jeanette will continue as our columnist in the future, as well)
· seasonal recipes
· a travel guide to our dear hometown, Tampere, featuring the best spots to stay, eat and shop
Sunday, May 19 is our second annual Fabulous Spring Tea.
There is still time to get one of the few spots remaining by REGISTERING HERE!
We will have tea and delectable tidbits to nibble.
We have trunk shows from
Berroco Yarns : Quinoa
Erika Knight Yarns : Studio Linen
We will have a Yarn Tasting of our favorite sport/dk cotton and linen yarns.
Door Prizes! Yarn, Fringe Benefit, Patterns...
Everyone attending will also receive $10 Kid Kash for use during the event.
Don't miss out! Sign up right now.