Mark your calendar for July 9! Join us for a Meet and Greet with Christina Danaee in shop from 5-8pm.
View the Trunk Show that will be with us until Saturday, July 13. Light Refreshments will be available.
She will talk about her upcoming book, her designs and yarn passions.
Check out her Website Here.
Follow her on Instagram Here.
See her current Designs on Ravelry Here.
Erika Knight is a highly respected knitwear and crochet designer, as well as the creator of her own eponymous yarn range. With her 'simple' ethos, Erika has a unique interpretation of craft: her mission is to simplify and communicate her insight and passion for knitting and crochet with accessible yet enticing projects in order to inspire everyone to experiment and, above all, enjoy creating.
You know and love her yarn line that we carry in shop. Here's your chance to meet the amazingly talented designer herself!
We are privileged to host Erika Knight on June 24, 2019 for a luncheon (noon til 2) and evening knit a long (6-8pm).
We will enjoy a luncheon and Erika Knight will speak about her journey in craft, designing a yarn, sustainability and what inspires her. See many designs in person during the TRUNK SHOW!
Each attendee will also receive a special project kit created with Erika Knight yarns ($50 value).
We enjoyed the BeeKeeper so much last year, We are super excited for another sweater frenzy this summer!
The Foxtrot cardigan pattern is ready for preorder when you CLICK HERE to go to Ravelry, and/or it is available for in-shop purchase.
We are using Worsted Merino Superwash. Choose the Hand-dyed for lots of speckle-y goodness or a solid for classic qualities. Swatch in any color and we will special order the color you want (70 solids, 4 hand-dye!) if we don't already have it in stock. Heather's size calls for 6 hanks.
The KAL begins officially July 4 and finishes July 18. Most of us will be a bit more leisurely, but all of us will have a beautiful new sweater for the fall! Happy Swatching.
Laine Issue 8 is coming soon!
May 31, 2019
If you would like to pre-order you may do so in-shop.
This issue is 140 pages and includes...
· 11 knitting patterns from a talented group of designers: Justyna Lorkowska, Denise Bayron, Libby Jonson, Julie Dubreux, Leeni Hoimela, Astrid Troland, Sus Gepard, Éveline Cantin-Bergeron, Jenny Sauselein and Marjorie Martin. (Please see the full list of yarns featured below.)
· an interview with Susan Crawford
· a long-format story about Ocean Rose
· my story by Pauline Copin-Herriot of Lain'amourée
· a column by Jeanette Sloan (Jeanette will continue as our columnist in the future, as well)
· seasonal recipes
· a travel guide to our dear hometown, Tampere, featuring the best spots to stay, eat and shop
Sunday, May 19 is our second annual Fabulous Spring Tea.
There is still time to get one of the few spots remaining by REGISTERING HERE!
We will have tea and delectable tidbits to nibble.
We have trunk shows from
Berroco Yarns : Quinoa
Erika Knight Yarns : Studio Linen
We will have a Yarn Tasting of our favorite sport/dk cotton and linen yarns.
Door Prizes! Yarn, Fringe Benefit, Patterns...
Everyone attending will also receive $10 Kid Kash for use during the event.
Don't miss out! Sign up right now.
March Madness continues this week as we feature all of our project bags at 20% off!
Large, small, clear, reversible, box, knot, mesh... all of them! All project bags are 20% off this week, until Sunday, March 24.
Be sure to register for this fun introduction to weaving. Bryanne is back to make some artsy wall hangings with us.
Supplies are included. Sunday, March 24, 2019 at 1pm.
Socks! I love socks. And sometimes, it is nice just to crank them out. A service that we are beginning to offer is just that! Heather will crank you 64 stitch tubes from standard sock yarn that you can then add heel, toe and cuffs to fit you perfectly!
Cut that tube! Learn where, when and how to cut your tube to place a heel in this class about After Thought Heels. We will use a much larger than sock size tube to get the hang of and take the fear out of cutting into our knitting. The tube is provided, but you need to bring (or purchase) your needles for the small circumference. Sign up for the Saturday, March 23, 2019 class HERE.
Knitting in the North of England!
We have rescheduled this trip for April 2020. I am ready to accept deposits!
What are we going to be up to?
You can see the itinerary HERE. Airfare is included in the pricing.
A few bits are still flexible- as all travel is- but the bones are here and Heather R usually finds ways to add more to our trips as the opportunities arise.
Registrations are limited and it is a great idea to get your deposit in early, for this trip in particular, as the early bird gets the occasional single room and other "upgrades" when the need presents itself. If you would like to guarantee a single, the up charge is $500, only a few are available.
We are often asked these questions:
1. Who will be my roommate? You can choose to travel with someone (get a friend to join us) or you will be paired with someone else traveling with us. We have 'meet-ups" before we travel to get to know one another, share information and begin to be comfortable with our group. Singles are generally available, but due to the nature of our accommodations it isn't always possible not to pair (or rarely, triple) up. That's part of the adventure!
2. Do I have to know how to knit to travel with you? Not really. It is more enjoyable for the traveler if you are interested in what we are doing. It is a fiber oriented itinerary without much opportunity to vary due to the rural and small town nature of our travel. No one should expect special considerations that do not want to participate in our itinerary. I suggest that if you are a good sport and willing to try new things you are welcome to travel with us.
3. How do I make my deposit? Make a $500 non refundable deposit check payable to "Rowan Tree Travel" and drop it off at the shop. I will collect deposits and when our trip is full, forward them to the travel company. After that, payments will be made directly to Rowan Tree Travel.
If you have other questions or need to mail your deposit, Call Kid Ewe Knot first and speak with Heather.
Is that it? Nope... Coming Soon... Denmark and the Faroe Isands in September 2020. That information should be available in July. Is it ok to go on both trips? Of Course! And it is ok to choose, too.
Pom-Pom-Palooza takes over Kid Ewe Knot as PI Day approaches!
Yes, we are a little Nerdy at Kid Ewe Knot. We love our puns, and our sci-fi and whatever else we can get a little enthusiastic about. So March 14 is an easy one to love. And we have 2 ways to celebrate circles this week.
1. Pom-pom-palooza! Come in for a $5 make-and-take. Anytime, all the time, through Sunday, March 17, 2019, we have kits with one of our FAVORITE and most awesome pom pom makers on the planet (yes, I am that serious about it) and yarn to make a few pom poms. We will show you how easy it is and you can commence pom-pomming (is that thing? now it is) every thing in sight. You can even add a pom pom to our fresh wreath for the spring. Group project!
2. Pi Day stitch markers! Erika and I have been crafty girl nerds making markers for Thursday. Ah, who didn't love shrinky-dinks when they were 9? Well, I have unleashed a monster. And Rebecca should know that this is all her fault. Crafty enabler!! Thanks. But this means we have fun little circles with various Pi references to dangle from your circular knitting if you would like one when you make a purchase on Thursday, 3.14, 2019.
I guess this is a good time to remind you about the Circle Weaving Workshop on Sunday, March 24.
Our favorite Artist/Weaver, Moon and Yarn is in shop again to show us how to make a circle weaving.
Circle Weaving Workshop
In this 3 hour class, you will learn how to make your very own circle weaving! Everyone will learn some basic weaving techniques like how to turn an embroidery hoop into a loom, tabby stitch, and soumack stitch. All materials will be provide, just remember to bring your creative side! No prior weaving experience is required. Sign up HERE! or in shop.
We have a lovely trunk show in shop for the book Within by Jane Richmond!
These pieces and more are in-shop until the 22nd of March, 2019. If, like us, you have admired this book for a long time, don't miss your chance to touch and be inspired!
March Madness in Shop!
Each week we will have an amazing and slightly mad special for you!
This week we are featuring Mykonos by Berroco Yarns. This DK weight Linen, Cotton, Nylon blend is fabulous for spring and summer knits. Check out Heather's much loved and worn Odele in shop on display.
With the purchase of yarn for the project, Kid Ewe Knot will purchase for you, from our Ravelry Pro account, either Odele or Xenia, with our compliments!
Don't worry there's more... check back! And watch for our email newsletter.